The role of Game Producer/ Development Manager is to work alongside and assist the Game Director to manage the development of a game project from pre-production to release.
The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day and week to week process of managing a cross discipline game team. The Development Manager will be able to provide support to keep the project moving forward, and the team positive, informed and focused whilst keeping momentum. The role will also require working with the project leads to generate the project schedule, identify dependencies, solve problems and prioritise work.
It will also require the development and fostering of positive relationships and cohesion within the team and other relevant third parties, including internal relationships with SEGA.
As a Game Producer you will drive the project planning for the team, facilitating the planning and estimation process across the team to generate fully scoped plans for upcoming phases of the project. You will Drive, maintain and update the development schedule, manage and motivate the development team, ensuring that milestones are adhered to, tech and decision pipelines remain unblocked and if changes to dates are incurred, all relevant parties are notified and the schedule adapted accordingly. You will also communicate progress on current and upcoming milestones, providing detailed analysis on team performance, risks and areas for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Very strong organisational skills. Driven and self-motivated.
- Experience delivering games in an Agile development environment while working to strict timelines.
- Able to identify, assess risks and strategize to mitigate them.
- Experience of the full project life cycle on two or more game projects, or equivalent experience.
- A good understanding of scheduling, planning, tracking and resource allocation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You will be aware of potential and current issues and formulate pragmatic plans to solve them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Bulgarian.
- Always looking for ways to improve our process, team or project.
- Enthusiastic, with a genuine passion for games.
- A team thinker – able to work within a team and to actively work to make the team perform cohesively.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Office applications especially Excel, project management scheduling tools e.g. Jira, and bug management software, e.g. Devsuite.
- Previous experience working with one or more of:
- External partners
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If you are interested in our job offer, please follow this link.