The Creative Assembly Sofia team is looking for a Build engineer, a support driven role for a large and diverse development team.
The build engineer will liaise daily with members from the entire development team to provide support and resolve issues with tools, builds and version control. In addition, the build engineer is responsible for maintaining the welfare of the continuous integration systems and is tasked with keeping the build process as stable as possible.
As a Build Engineer you will be responsible for improving our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems and the tools that support them. You will work in collaboration with Tech Leads and experts in order to understand the technical standards of our projects’ layout and will also help shape and direct the DevOps area of our company.
Researching, developing and implementing new platforms and technologies, you will improve general workflow to support our current and future projects and products. The Build Engineer maintains and improves our continuous delivery tools and pipelines, working with the various teams in the studio to assess requirements and plan and design road maps for implementing improvements.
You will also work with our IT team to spec out requirements and get the necessary IT infrastructure implemented and will make integrations between branches of the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to design complex, in-depth systems and divide them into manageable tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated. Able to work/react without explicit direction or supervision.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Forward thinker and problem-solver with the drive to seek out and acquire information
- Approachable, friendly and confident in decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of version control software (Perforce, GIT, Source Tree, etc.)
- Knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge of Python, C#, batch
- MSbuild scripting experience
- Experience with post launch title support
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality– Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus– We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork– We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect– Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust– Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If you are interested in our job offer, please follow this link.