Battle AI Programmer
Battle AI Programmer
This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing team at Creative Assembly Sofia as an AI programmer.
Working with the team, you will look to produce efficient and effective AI solutions to the complex challenges presented by the Total War Campaign environment.
You will be working with a varied team of programmers, designers and QA Technicians collaborating to create leading-edge game AI that challenges our players and is fun and immersive to play against.
As a Battle AI Programmer you will be working in collaboration with coders, designers and QA, that are part of the AI and wider game and project teams, to develop behavioural elements of the Total War AI systems. This includes supporting existing AI systems through incremental improvement, feature updates and debugging along with creating new AI systems in response to project requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Competency in C++ programming, knowledge of more recent language features
- Prior development experience
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Experience in game development
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If you are interested in our job offer, please follow this link.