Snapshot Games is a video game developer and publisher founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop – award winning designer of the original X-COM games – and David Kaye – founder of Gaming Insiders. Our latest title, Phoenix Point is an evolution of the X-COM style strategy genre. In 2020 we joined Embracer Group – a video games holding company with 4000+ employees and head-quarters in Sweden.
We combine the creative indie spirit with a streamlined workflow and healthy planning of work time. We respect individual creativity and autonomy of our people.
Now we are expanding our development team and we are looking for an experienced, creative and collaborative programmer to join us for our future projects. As a GUI programmer you will take part in the design and development of the HUDs and GUIs of our games. Your work will include crunching the game state and presenting it to the players, managing the overall GUI state of the game, managing player input, handling layouts and transitions, creating custom GUI elements, managing resources, handling localization, measuring and improving performance.
- 1 year of professional experience as a programmer or similar amount of work done on personal or open-source projects
- Proficiency in C#, Java or C/C++
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Experience writing GUI code and/or designing UX for interactive applications
- Good understanding of the HUDs and GUIs of video games in different genres
- Good command of the English language
- Team player with excellent work ethics
- Professional game development experience
- Experience writing games as side projects or for game jams
- Experience with Unity3D or Unreal game engines
- Experience working with game designers and artists
- Artistic skills (e.g. being able to draw)
- Skills with GUI authoring and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Blender)
- UX design skills (e.g. being able to produce UX flow charts)
- Creative and non-routine work
- You will have a tangible contribution to the final product
- Friendly team; informal and transparent company culture
- Structured career path, regular performance assessment
- Knowledge sharing, trainings, certification
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday / year, additional R&D days
- Company benefits, including food vouchers, medical & dental care, sports card, company events
- Equipment for working from home provided
- Screening of your CV and the other items in your application
- You will need to complete a programming assignment in your own time
- Technical interview
- Job offer
To apply, please send us your demo reel and CV through the ad on our web site – https://jobs.gohire.io/snapshot-games-iwnh5ere/video-games-ui-programmer-40900/
Only candidates with a reel will be considered.