Snapshot Games is a video game developer and publisher founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop – award winning designer of the original X-COM games – and David Kaye – founder of Gaming Insiders. Our latest title, Phoenix Point is an evolution of the X-COM style strategy genre. In 2020 we joined Embracer Group – a video games holding company with 4000+ employees and head-quarters in Sweden.
We combine the creative indie spirit with a streamlined workflow and healthy planning of work time. We respect individual creativity and autonomy of our people.
Now we are expanding our development team and we are looking for an experienced, creative and collaborative programmer to join us for our future projects. As a Tools Programmer you will design and develop various software tools to help programmers and artists better utilize the capabilities of the game engine and the different art authoring tools involved in producing video games. You will work on tools related to character and environment art pipelines, gameplay and level design, GUI and UX, rendering, profiling and optimization. You will need to work closely with other team members to extract requirements for new tools and to improve existing ones. You will need to design good UI/UX for your tools, document them well and support and mentor the team members that are using them. We are utilizing Unity 3D and Unreal game engines and Blender as our main 3D authoring tool.
- 1 year of professional experience as a programmer or similar amount of work done on personal or open-source projects
- Proficiency in C#, Java or C/C++
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Ability to extract system requirements from a business process
- Good command of the English language
- Team player with excellent work ethics
- Professional game development experience
- Experience writing games as side projects or for game jams
- Experience with Unity3D or Unreal game engines
- Experience with game engine plugins
- Experience working with game designers and artists
- UI/UX design experience
- Experience with plugins for 3D authoring tools (3DS Max, Maya, Blender)
- Creative and non-routine work
- You will have a tangible contribution to the final product
- Friendly team; informal and transparent company culture
- Structured career path, regular performance assessment
- Knowledge sharing, trainings, certification
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday / year, additional R&D days
- Company benefits, including food vouchers, medical & dental care, sports card, company events
- Equipment for working from home provided
- Screening of your CV and the other items in your application
- You will need to complete a programming assignment in your own time
- Technical interview
- Job offer
To apply, please send us your demo reel and CV through the ad on our web site – https://jobs.gohire.io/snapshot-games-iwnh5ere/video-games-tools-developer-40902/
Only candidates with a reel will be considered.