Snapshot Games is a video game developer and publisher founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop – award winning designer of the original X-COM games – and David Kaye – founder of Gaming Insiders. Our latest title, Phoenix Point, was released in December 2019, and is an evolution of the X-COM style strategy genre. In 2020 we joined Embracer Group – one of the biggest European game holdings.
We combine the creative indie spirit with a streamlined workflow and planning of work time. Our company culture is open and transparent. We respect the individual creativity and autonomy of our people.
Now we are expanding further our animation team in order to start on new studio projects and support Phoenix Point. This is a new opening that provides great opportunity for career start or further development in the industry.
Now we are expanding our Environment team. We are looking for an experienced, creative and collaborative Environment Artist with multiple skills and a passion for creating high quality video games.
- Work collaboratively with art director, concept artists and environment artists to create the game environments
- Work closely with Level Designers to support their content
- Create models and set pieces, based on concept art and the need of the project
- Create UV texturing for 3D models
- Integrate the work in the game engine
- If necessary, edit one’s work after changes in concept or based on comments and suggestions by the leads
- Creative problem solving and ability to generate ideas
- Team player respecting oneself and the others
- Experience with texturing environments for video games
- 3D Modeling and UV mapping
- Understanding of shape, composition, detailing, types of material surfaces, and the ability to stylize them into original environment designs
- Understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, color theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
- Organized development processes. Good time management skills and ability to effectively meet schedules and deadlines
There are some specific skills which are beneficial. These are:
- Experience in video game development
- Experience in Substance Designer / Painter
- Experience in Shader Creation
- Some experience with Unity 3D
- Environment concept design
- Good English language skills
- Good imagination in designing levels and a passion for level design
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback from play testing and design direction to hone the gameplay experience
- Good communicator and ability to work well within a team
- Self-motivation, ability to prioritize and deliver to deadlines
A few reasons to apply:
- Great company culture, open and transparent
- Opportunity to have your own input to the final product
- Competitive salary; profit sharing plan
- Career path with clear steps
- 25 days paid holiday per year
- Company benefits, including additional health & dental insurance, food vouchers, sports card
- Equipment for working from home provided
During the pandemic we are working remote and our recruitment and on-boarding processes currently are remote. The official language of communication in the studio is English.
For more info about the game and the studio check https://phoenixpoint.info/
To apply, please send us your demo reel and CV through the ad on our web site – https://jobs.gohire.io/snapshot-games-iwnh5ere/junior-gameplay-animator-35777/
Only candidates with a reel will be considered.