Snapshot Games is looking for a talented Character Rigger to join our Animation
About the studio:
Snapshot Games is a video game development studio in Sofia, Bulgaria, and
Los Angeles, California, founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop, award winning
designer of the original X-COM games, and David Kaye, serial entrepreneur in
the games industry. Our two released titles, Phoenix Point (2019) and Chaos
Reborn (2017) have both been critically praised and very popular in the
In 2020 Snapshot joined Embracer Group, one of the world’s largest games
and entertainment companies, as a division of Saber Interactive.
Now the studio is working on exciting new projects.
– Create high quality rigs – create anatomically correct character skeletons, high quality
deformation definitions (skinning) and animator friendly character rigs. Comply with the
technical requirements of the projects.
– Maintain and update the rigs in the project – monitor and troubleshoot them, implement
updates and improvements based on the other teams feedback
– Develop tools – collaborate with the Art and Engineering Teams in order to improve the
character set-up pipeline and workflows. Create custom rigging tools/scripts in order to
automate the rigging process and character integration in the game engine.
– Strong understanding of anatomy, kinematics and deformation
– Experience with various rig setups, including bipedal, quadruped, mechanical
characters and facial rigs.
– Creative problem solving and ability to generate ideas.
– Highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
There are some specific areas of expertise which are beneficial:
– Experience in video game development
– Skilled with Blender
– Еxperience with Unity 3D and Unreal Engine
A few reasons to apply:
● Great opportunity to have your own creative input to the studio games
● The company culture – friendly, transparent, anti-bureaucratic, and
● Choose to work from home, from the office, or a hybrid setup
● Competitive salary
● 25 days of paid time off per year, plus additional R&D days
● Company benefits, including additional health & dental insurance, food
vouchers, sports card, and more
Interested? Please send us your CV and a link to your portfolio at
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates
will be contacted.